Shortly after Jason Lutz, founder of the Vermont Cedar Chair Company, finished college in 2008 he moved up to Vermont. He wanted to spend some time to figure out what he was going to do with his life. His mother had a farm in Danville, Vermont, and she had many large Cedar trees on her property. She hired a Logger to come onto her property to thin out the stand, thus allowing the more mature trees to grow up. Unfortunately she turned her back and the logger clear cut the trees. Surveying the damage, Jason realized that everything that he had left was perfect for making furniture. Shortly after making his first prototypes, his mother asked him if he wanted to know why he liked to make furniture. She pulled out the family album and he learned that his family three generations back had one of the largest furniture companies in the world, called The Grand Rapids Chair Company.
Did you know that only 10% of young trees actually make it to maturity? This leaves 90% that die and decompose along the way. The Vermont Cedar Chair company takes advantage of this natural selection process when manufacturing their furniture.
The Vermont Cedar Chair Company uses strict sustainable harvesting methods- using every part of the tree. The base of the tree becomes the legs of the chairs and the top of the tree becomes the seats of the chairs. This is apart of the Vermont Cedar Chair's "No Waste" Policy.
Lifetime Warranty- Guaranteed!
The Vermont Cedar Chair Company stands behind their cedar and manila chairs and side tables. That is why they offer a life time warranty on all their products. Guaranteed. No questions asked. Nothing easier than that.
More about the Vermont Cedar Chair Company and their Chairs!