Acorn Drop Earrings
These acorn earrings by Michael Michaud are so cute and dainty! Beautiful little acorns made from chocolate freshwater pearls accented by tiny cast bronze leaves. The acorns dangle from silver ear wires. These earrings from silver seasons are perfect during the fall and during the holidays.
Acorns, the seed to mighty oak trees, are known as symbols of strength and potential. The Nordic's believed that acorns were sources of good luck and would carry them with them. An acorn carried on one's person counteracts loneliness, illness, and pain, aids longevity, brings luck, and preserves youthfulness. Acorns will increase fertility, whether this be in matters if the mind and ideas or in reproductive matters. Acorns are often a talisman against lighting, especially when kept on a windowsill. This is why window blind pulls were often shaped like acorns.
These acorn earrings measure 0.75" L x 0.75" W
The process for creating this natural looking jewelry begins Every piece of Michael Michaud jewelry starts by
- First with creating a precise and artistic sculpture from a live plant or flower.
- Using the Lost Wax technique he creates a mold.
- Hot metal is poured into the mold. Usually bronze but sometimes it is gold or silver.
- The handmade artistic details come next.
- Finally, metals are patinated, smoothed and natural stones and pearls are set and added.