Celebrate Best of Stowe 2021 with Remarkable Things & Remarkable Home
Remarkable Things at Stowe Craft is excited to co-sponsor Best of Stowe 2021! Happening during Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, May 29 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., this Stowe Vibrancy event features the best Stowe offers – from creative and cultural delights throughout town, artisan vendors on Main Street to internationally acclaimed jazz on the Village Green.
In Addition to All the Festivities, Come Celebrate with Us!
“Stronger Together” Best of Stowe Glass Ball, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This commemorative glass ball is known as the Tree of Unity, an enchanting gift and everlasting reminder that our community is “Stronger Together.” Normally priced at $25, we’re offering a special price of $15 for the first 50 customers on 5/29 only. Available at both Remarkable Things and Remarkable Home.
“Make Your Own Kaleidoscope”, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bring the kids or be a kid again and learn how to make your own paper kaleidoscope to take home for free! Happening at Remarkable Home only, 34 S. Main Street, on the front porch, while supplies last.
And, don’t forget! From noon to 3 p.m., you can enjoy Vermont Jazz Trio on the Village Green with local jazz treasures: the internationally acclaimed Ray Vega, Remi Sevard on piano, Jeremy Hill on bass and percussionist Peter Schmeekle.
In partnership with Stowe Vibrancy, we hope you can join us to appreciate all Stowe has to offer artistically, culturally and musically. For more event information, visit Best of Stowe at Stowe Vibrancy.com.
Our highest priority is providing you a safe and fun shopping experience at Remarkable Things and Home. After that, we want to ensure you receive the same fantastic service and handmade products you have come to expect from us.
We look forward to seeing all our friends, familiar (but masked) faces, and new visitors coming through our doors.
• Thorough cleaning will happen before and after retail hours every day.
• All our staff will do a health screening and temperature check before we allow them to work.
• All staff will wear masks while inside the store.
• Staff will also continue with frequent and vigorous hand washing throughout the day.
During the Day
• We sanitize with steam or approved products throughout the day on high touch surfaces. This includes credit card machines, jewelry counters, doorknobs, clothing, and furniture.
• To support social distancing guidelines, we now limit the number of people inside to our posted 50% capacity. We also have walking direction arrows on the floor.
• For both staff and visitors: If you have any COVID or flu symptoms, please do not come in.
• We are asking all customers to wear a mask while in our shop. If you forget your mask, we are happy to provide you one. We also have a nice collection of special mask designs you can purchase for yourself or as gifts.
• We also request all clients and staff use our provided hand sanitizer when they enter.
• Please wait in the entryway if you see several people inside.
• Credit or debit payments are encouraged.
• We do offer curbside pickup by calling ahead (802-253-4693) or placing an order online.
• Our web manager and staff have upgraded our website with enhanced navigation, more products and a smooth, quick checkout system. You can also request curbside pick up and complimentary gift wrapping.
Masked staff inside Remarkable Things holding jars of food they will put in a donation box for the Waterbury Area Food Shelf.
• We have installed an oversized sneeze guard across the checkout counter, a credit card machine that customers can use with limited touches, new HEPA grade air purifiers, and created an enclosed entryway/waiting area if the store is at capacity.
• Our public restrooms are now closed. We apologize for the inconvenience. (There are public restrooms at the gas station next door and alongside the Mercantile building on Main Street.)
If you’ve wandered through the idyllic downtown of Stowe, VT, you’ve likely seen the large red sign reading Remarkable Things and asked yourself, What is Remarkable Things?
In short, Remarkable Things is a craft gallery – a one-stop-shop for artisans to display their works for sale. The co-mingling of various artisan goods enhances the beauty, ingenuity, and meaning of each piece. A hand-thrown mug is alluring, but a set of hand-thrown mugs on natural olivewood coasters is a cozy Sunday morning with your family. We stock the goods you need to make your memories. (more…)
Vermont – home to The Green Mountains, copious amounts of maple syrup & craft beer and provider of so much inspiration for many of our Vermont based artists. We pride ourselves in carrying as many local Vermont artists as we can. The uniqueness in materials, vision and presentation of each piece is unparalleled. We can’t think of many things better than receiving a handmade gift from Vermont. We may be biased though. Below we created a Vermont handmade holiday giving guide for your viewing pleasure. (more…)
True or False: Women owned businesses make of 25% of employer firms.
If you guessed false, then you guessed right! Only about 20% of all businesses are owned and run by women. Remarkable Things at Stowe Craft & our sister store, Remarkable Home, are one of those 20%! Here’s another one. (more…)
We are excited to welcome a new jewelry artist to Stowe Craft Gallery- Rene Escobar. We found Rene’s work while at the Winter NY Now show and knew it was something special. His beautiful craftsmanship is easy to see- realized in darkened silver, yellow and rose gold and then sprinkled with diamonds. We picked several bracelets, rings and earrings that we can’t wait for you to see. We are adding his pieces now to our website but in the mean time they are all available in our gallery.