Happy Pride! Stowe’s First Pride Day on August 22, 2021 kicks off Vermont Pride Week, August 28 – September 5, 2021. Celebrate and support the LGBTQIA community Stowe-style! Beginner-friendly mountain bike rides, guided hikes, spa goodies, a tea dance, signature lattes and our one-of-a-kind cups of inspiration all await.
Remarkable Things Celebrates Stowe Pride Day
With every purchase of a ZPots Cup you’ll receive a pouch of pocket heart charms to share. Each cup offers a heartful message of inspiration the whole year long: A Cup of Love. Courage. A Cup of Amazing. Believe. A Cup of Grace. For the potter, the “art” of their work is not the work itself, but the experiences, moments, and “genuine feeling that happens when you are with them, give them and receive them. That is the art.” And our pocket charms are simply the best! A small token that goes a long way towards brightening someone’s day. We hope you enjoy them!
Here’s How and Where to Celebrate and Support the LGBTQIA+ Community
Joining Remarkable Things to celebrate Stowe’s First Pride Day on August 22, 2021 will be: Lake Champlain Chocolates with a Stowe Pride Day Photo Op Ranch Camp with beginner-friendly mountain bike rides around the Stowe hollows followed by lunch at The Backyard Remarkable Things at Stowe Craft with every Zpots Cup purchase receive free pocket heart charms Round Hearth Café & Market Place with signature latte proceeds benefitting Pride Vermont Spruce Peak with optional guided hike donations benefitting Outright Vermont Stowe Cider with a “sweet and fizzy fete” Tea Dance with DJ Craig Mitchell! Stowe Visitor Center on Main Street will be accepting donations for Pride Center of Vermont and offering recommendations on things to do
Celebrate Best of Stowe 2021 with Remarkable Things & Remarkable Home
Remarkable Things at Stowe Craft is excited to co-sponsor Best of Stowe 2021! Happening during Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, May 29 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., this Stowe Vibrancy event features the best Stowe offers – from creative and cultural delights throughout town, artisan vendors on Main Street to internationally acclaimed jazz on the Village Green.
In Addition to All the Festivities, Come Celebrate with Us!
“Stronger Together” Best of Stowe Glass Ball, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This commemorative glass ball is known as the Tree of Unity, an enchanting gift and everlasting reminder that our community is “Stronger Together.” Normally priced at $25, we’re offering a special price of $15 for the first 50 customers on 5/29 only. Available at both Remarkable Things and Remarkable Home.
“Make Your Own Kaleidoscope”, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bring the kids or be a kid again and learn how to make your own paper kaleidoscope to take home for free! Happening at Remarkable Home only, 34 S. Main Street, on the front porch, while supplies last.
And, don’t forget! From noon to 3 p.m., you can enjoy Vermont Jazz Trio on the Village Green with local jazz treasures: the internationally acclaimed Ray Vega, Remi Sevard on piano, Jeremy Hill on bass and percussionist Peter Schmeekle.
In partnership with Stowe Vibrancy, we hope you can join us to appreciate all Stowe has to offer artistically, culturally and musically. For more event information, visit Best of Stowe at Stowe Vibrancy.com.
Our highest priority is providing you a safe and fun shopping experience at Remarkable Things and Home. After that, we want to ensure you receive the same fantastic service and handmade products you have come to expect from us.
We look forward to seeing all our friends, familiar (but masked) faces, and new visitors coming through our doors.
• Thorough cleaning will happen before and after retail hours every day.
• All our staff will do a health screening and temperature check before we allow them to work.
• All staff will wear masks while inside the store.
• Staff will also continue with frequent and vigorous hand washing throughout the day.
During the Day
• We sanitize with steam or approved products throughout the day on high touch surfaces. This includes credit card machines, jewelry counters, doorknobs, clothing, and furniture.
• To support social distancing guidelines, we now limit the number of people inside to our posted 50% capacity. We also have walking direction arrows on the floor.
• For both staff and visitors: If you have any COVID or flu symptoms, please do not come in.
• We are asking all customers to wear a mask while in our shop. If you forget your mask, we are happy to provide you one. We also have a nice collection of special mask designs you can purchase for yourself or as gifts.
• We also request all clients and staff use our provided hand sanitizer when they enter.
• Please wait in the entryway if you see several people inside.
• Credit or debit payments are encouraged.
• We do offer curbside pickup by calling ahead (802-253-4693) or placing an order online.
• Our web manager and staff have upgraded our website with enhanced navigation, more products and a smooth, quick checkout system. You can also request curbside pick up and complimentary gift wrapping.
Masked staff inside Remarkable Things holding jars of food they will put in a donation box for the Waterbury Area Food Shelf.
• We have installed an oversized sneeze guard across the checkout counter, a credit card machine that customers can use with limited touches, new HEPA grade air purifiers, and created an enclosed entryway/waiting area if the store is at capacity.
• Our public restrooms are now closed. We apologize for the inconvenience. (There are public restrooms at the gas station next door and alongside the Mercantile building on Main Street.)
2020 has been a strange year for all of us. We’ve been required to change in ways we never expected – face masks, social distancing, limited capacity, and a shift towards the virtual have all become the norm. But one thing that hasn’t changed is Terri Logan‘s incredible eye for jewelry!
Join us in-store and online for a (virtual) Terri Logan trunk show September 25-27. (more…)
It is no secret that we are a fan of remarkable things; gizmos, gadgets, jewelry, art pieces, wall hangings, custom tables, and every bit of joy that catches our eye. That thrill of the unique doesn’t end with what we stock our stores with, it extends into this place we call home. If ever there was a place to call remarkable – It is Stowe, Vermont! (more…)