I'm fortunate to have worked with 100s of artist furniture makers over the years. Here is what I assembled for this great room project:
- Sourced rich, soft, brown Italian leather, sectional sofas from one of my furniture makers.
- Commisioned a one of a kind, hand knotted, Tibetan rug direct from Nepal.
- Sourced stately coconut trunk floor and table lamps designed in New York.
- A unique Yin Yang coffee table designed and made by a New York artist.
- A hollow form, a-symmetrical bronze side table that was designed and made by a Pennsylvania artist.
Every piece of lighting and furniture adds wonderful character to the room. It's minimal, unique and interesting. It's still casual enough that when visiting you'll find dogs on their favorite sofa. I added Hunter Douglas silhouette shades to cover the bottom 2 tiers of windows. The top was left open to always show the outside. Feels like framed artwork. The shades are controlled by hardwired remote control system.