Shop Hammock Chairs
Cobble Mountain Hammock Chairs- Handmade in Vermont
Cobble Mountain Hammock Chairs
Hand made in Vermont, solid oak frame and we ship free to 48 states.
- Adjusts from upright chair to sleeping hammock
- Adjusts to any height in seconds.
- Three sizes are available.
- Each hanging chair-hammock includes a head pillow and a seat cushion, hanging hardware (for up to a 9 foot hanging point) and footrest.
- Instructions included and telephone-e-mail support available from us 7 days a week.
- 110% price Guarantee - Our price includes Shipping - See Our policy page (linked from bottom of every page)
Vermont Furniture Makers Nancy & Gordon Kittridge
Cobble Mountain Hammock Chairs are made here in Vermont by Nancy & Gordon Kittridge
The oak used to make the hammock chair is Vermont local grown, solid oak. The hammock chair seat is woven with soft, durable and weather resistant white cotton/polyester blend rope.
Nancy Kittridge tells us her hammock chairs are an original, made in Vermont design. They are truly unique and unsurpassed in comfort and versatility. Here in Stowe, Vermont we had a famous snow shoe factory, Vermont Tubbs. The steamed and curved, handmade oak frame the Kittridges make for their Cobble Mountain Hammocks may remind you of how those famous snowshoes looked.
How to Change Height of our Porch Swing Chairs
The oak adjusting blocks provide virtually unlimited reclining options. The double chair has the added functionality of an innovative seating system that independently supports each user.You can adjust your swing chair quickly from chair style to hammock style or from one height to another. Each hanging chair has 4 ropes, 1 at each "corner" of the chair. To raise or lower front or back:
- Lift up the rope to remove weight from the oak block and
- Pull the rope up or down through the block.
- This gives you complete control of the height of the chair from the ground as well as the angle of the chair.
Cobble Mountain Rope Hammock Sizes
- Cobble Mountain Hammock Chair: Heavy Duty- Extra Wide with Footrest (29 in.wide, 350 lb. capacity.)
- Cobble Mountain Hammock Chair: Double Hammock Chair -2 Person Porch Swing (54 in.wide, 420 lb. capacity.)
The design of the two person, Cobble Mountain double chair swing is so superior that when you have two people swinging together, each of you will be comfortable without rolling toward the center. Yet, If you sit alone on the double hammock, it still is level and comfortable.
Care for Your Swing
Use a hose and a bucket of warm soapy water (laundry soap) along with a little bit of bleach. Soak the chair with the hose and pour on the some of the soapy water. Use a soft scrub brush to gently loosen the dirt. Try not to disturb the weave pattern while cleaning. Thoroughly rinse with clean water and hang in direct sunlight to dry. WARNING Do not use a pressure washer!
The wood frame can be touched up, after the chair is dry, with regular furniture oil. Use a soft, clean cloth and carefully rub the oil onto the frame.
To clean pillows in general, light spot cleaning or washing by hand is best, hang to dry. Never machine-wash or machine-dry. Need replacement pillows? We offer replacement pillow sets in either the natural cotton or dark green outdoor fabric. Contact us if you need to order new pillows.