Industrial Modern Sitting Room
This is the sitting room half of the Doctor's home office project I designed and installed. The room is meant to be multi-purpose
- A comfortable living room
- A patient's exam and meeting room
- A TV room
- A cool hang out for friends
The client is super into industrial modern design and flawless hardware. I found many cool items to incorporate through several of my artists and industrial salvage connections. Some remarkable features were incorporated:
- Repurposed industrial warehouse elevator doors, some with hand written floor numbers scrawled on them,
- Salvaged hardware from a closed mill which one of my artists meticulously reworked to run smooth as silk.
- A live edge desk supported by salvaged I beams. I designed it with industrial casters. The client can roll it into the center of the room if a buffet or conference table is needed. Day to day, it is positioned against the wall as a handsome desk
- A patchwork metal door which opens like a vault to reveal an amazing beer collection.
- Salvaged barnboard trim frames the doors, windows and heat registers.
- Metal screening is also used to cover the heat registers.
- I also commisioned an industrial modern style I beam coffee table and a salvaged floor plank pattern end table.
At first entering the sitting room, the look and feel is a substantial, stylish and relaxing. The unusual materials and furnishings flow together smoothly. Only after you have settled in a bit will you become aware of the many unique details.
To see the connected office "Staging Room," please check it out in my "Interior Desiogn Ideas for Office and Den" section